Saturday, October 06, 2007

Painting...

Much has happened since my last postings. I started a painting class and finished it. At first I was apprehensive, thinking that there was no way I would do good in a painting class, as I am not at all used to this medium. It turns out that it was allot of fun and I quickly changed my mind as the class progressed. Painting, it turns out, is very time consuming. I chose to use acrylics for these works due to time restraints (mostly in terms of drying time).
These first images are all basically warm ups and studies in color and form. They include traditional still life setups of fruits, bottles, and other ordinary items.After these simple paintings came multiple still life objects...





Then came flowers. I found these to be a weak point for me.

No comments: